Devices and Automation
What devices (and how many) are compatible with my security panel?
Your Remote Service works with an ever-expanding ecosystem of thermostats, garage door openers and other compatible devices. Consult your se...
What Kind of Z-Wave Devices Can I Use?
Your Remote Service system offers remote control of Z-Wave devices such as switches, locks and garage door openers. Z-Wave devices must firs...
How can I change the icons that represent my Automation devices?
On the iOS app:1. On the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, touch 2. The Devices screen appears. ...
What other devices can I add to my system?
Total Connect Comfort thermostatsLyric thermostatsCarrier ThermostatsAugust LockVarious Z-Wave controlled locksThe list of compatible device...
What does "Device Offline" mean?
Automation devices in your system can show Offline status for a number of reasons. The most common problem is the loss of AC power.&nbs...
What does "Temperature Threshold" mean?
Your Remote Service can send you notifications when temperatures in your home reach high or low extremes.These temperatures are user-settabl...
How can I Enroll (add) a Carrier thermostat in my system?
For more detail, refer to the instructions that accompanied the thermostat.Android:At the top of the app screen, touch DEVICESNext, touch AD...
- What's New in Remote Services/Total Connect?
- Known Issues and Workarounds
- Navigating the Apps
- Access to Features and User Profiles
- Activity and Events
- Alarms and Arming
- Communication and Connections
- Devices and Automation
- Geofence-related features
- Keypads: On-screen (Virtual) Keypads
- Log-in Security and Password/User Name Recovery
- Scenes; the basics
- Scenes: Creating and Managing
- Sensors and Zones
- SYNC (Panel Sync, User Sync and Refresh Status)
- Users and Security Codes
- Video Doorbells
- Voice Control (including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)