Communication and Connections
What does the message “Comm. Failure” mean?
This message means your system is not connected to the Remote Service network. If you're on the premises, check the panel's cellular and Wi-...
What does "Connection Error" mean?
You might also be seeing the message "Network Unavailable". These messages mean your security system’s control panel is not connected to the...
What does "Sensor Supervision Failure" mean?
ProSeries security system panels can report a failure of sensor supervision to your Remote Services account. These alerts will appear on the...
Why am I seeing "Your security panel is currently offline"?
Your security system might have had one of the following problems:The system has lost contact with the cellular network and/or the Internet....
If my system control panel loses Wi-Fi, can I still control the system from the app?
Yes, IF your system control panel has a cellular communicator installed and working properly.Conversely, if your system's cellular connectio...
How do I know if my system's Wi-Fi connection is working?
Look for the Wi-Fi symbol on your system's control panel. If an exclamation point is superimposed on the symbol, there is a problem with the...
Why is there no status information on my system's sensors?
This FAQ discusses possible error messages that begin with Unable to Establish A ConnectionThe most likely reason for this type of message i...
- What's New in Remote Services?
- Known Issues and Workarounds
- Navigating the Apps
- Access to Features and User Profiles
- Activity/ Events
- Alarms and Arming
- Cameras and Video Doorbells
- Communication and Connections
- Devices / Automation
- Geofence-related features
- Keypads: On-screen (Virtual) Keypads
- Log-in Security and Password/User Name Recovery
- Scenes; the basics
- Scenes: Creating and Managing
- Sensors and Zones
- SYNC (Panel Sync, User Sync and Refresh Status)
- Users and Security Codes
- Voice Control (including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)